Thursday, August 14, 2008

Slingin' Babies



If you see me out I usually have at least one child in a sling. I'm not one of those crunchy moms or attachment parenting moms, nothing against them, I'm a do what works best for me mama. I was able to work outside the home with both Collin & Aidan until they were well over 1 years old at Cotton Babies because they loved being in a sling while I worked. So many mama's I know have a hard time figuring out some slings like the wraps slings or the ring slings, they just take getting used to, to figure out how to use it, and also for baby to get used to also. I can get so much more done while wearing a sling. Dominic is finally old enough for the Ergo carrier so he can go on my back, I can make dinner, clean, do whatever. It works really well when either Dominic or Collin are having a bad day and want to be held. I currently have 8 slings, maybe I'm a sling addict, but they really do all serve a different purpose. I get stares at most stores I go to wearing a child on my back, or maybe they are staring at me because I have 3 boys so close in age, whatever the case it doesn't matter because I can get out of the house with them this way!

No comments: